The Office of the General Counsel (OGC) does not provide personal legal advice.  The OGC provides legal services related to University business only. You can consult with an OGC attorney regarding University legal matters related to carrying out your official duties as an employee or representative of the University. However, you are responsible for hiring your own attorney to handle personal legal matters. University faculty, students and staff or members of the general public needing personal legal assistance may contact the Iowa State Bar Association (1-515-243-3179 or